Intentional Piecing, My Book!

LS_Friend_frontcoverb

The day has finally come when I can share my big secret!  Goodness,  it’s hard to not talk about something that has been consuming all your time, thoughts and energy!  I am thrilled to announce that my book, Intentional Piecing, will be published by Lucky Spool in Spring 2016.  I am so proud to be a part of Lucky Spool.  With Lucky Spool, I’ve had the privilege of really making this “my” book.  I think you will find that the book reflects me and my work from the title, through to the projects, fabric selections and photography.  I love that I can present my work to you in a way that makes me feel so comfortable.  In fact, I was able to photograph all my projects.  How cool is that?  I hope that you will get a sense for my New England home when you see the photos that were all shot locally.

My book is focused on fussy cutting, which really shouldn’t be a huge surprise to my blog readers!  I love to cut my fabric just so and place it in a way that really makes a design effective.  This is what I mean by intentional piecing.  The book includes more than fussy cutting motifs, the book explores directional prints, stripes, gradients and even selvages!

IntentionalPiecingPaperPiecedBlocksb

Of course, I had to include some new pictorial paper pieced blocks and am really thrilled with these 10 new designs.  But there is so much more inside the book!  I can’t wait till I can show you everything else!

In the meantime, if you want to preorder, Intentional Piecing is available on Amazon (that kind of feels surreal to write!).

disclaimer

Comments

1. Congratulations, Amy! What fantastic news, it sure would be hard to keep that under your hat. I look forward to seeing your book and wish you every success with it!

2. Congratulations! I’ve always wondered when the publishing world would snatch you up, your work is amazing. Definitely pre-ordering!

3. Wow! Such exciting news! Congratulations! I’m looking forward to seeing your beautiful work against New England backgrounds!

4. Congratulations! Your book will be on my list to buy.
    patsystitch@gvtc.com

5. Yay! Congratulations!

6. Congratulations, Amy!!! Can’t wait to see it… definitely a must have:-)

7. Eileen Marshall says:

Congratulations, how wonderful ! I am not surprised. Your an amazingly talented ,gifted young woman. I will have to buy your book. I wish my Mom was still here it would have been a perfect gift for her. We made quilts one summer, it is one of my favorite memories. I enjoy seeing all the beauty you create. I will buy a copy, I will look at it and have dreaming time. :>

8. Congratulations Amy! I am SO HAPPY for you! You are so talented and a sweet person too. I can’t wait to see the book! Best, AM

9. Congratulations Amy – the blocks are beautiful.
    xx

10. This will make a lovely addition to my library. Congratulation!

11. I told you, I told you, I told you…that one day you would write a book!! I told you!!:) Congrats girlie…been thinking you’ve been a little quiet but I also don’t do instagram where I know a lot of peeps keep up with each other more.

I shall wait until you get the books in your shop as I want an autograph!:)

Love that front cover!
    So proud of you!! xoxo

12. Nancy Peach says:

It is amazing to see this all now….I can’t wait to “pre-order” your book! This is just so you….congratulations!

13. I’m so excited for you!!! It looks gorgeous, Amy!! Congrats! Can’t wait to see the real thing in my hot little hands!
    blessings!!!

14. Congratulations, Amy! How exciting! Your new blocks are amazing, and as a dedicated fussy cutter myself, I look forward to reading your tips. Good for you!

15. How great, Amy! Congratulations!!

16. Oh my gosh, the accordian!!! I’m very excited for you Amy and I cannot wait to see all of the awesomeness that I know is going to be in this book. Way to go, congratulations and WOOHOO!

17. Oh my gosh I am so excited for you!! This should have been book three.hah.ah.ah.ah.a.a
    It’s going to be hard to wait till next year!!

18. Stephanie in MI says:

Ordered! I am so happy for you! How wonderful!

19. This is so cool Amy! I am very happy for you. It must have been SO hard to keep quiet about such news. The blocks are awesome.

20. Congratulations Amy! I have to say I am not surprised that you have a book being published. How could you create all the beautiful blocks that you do and not write a book?!
    Can’t wait to see this beauty!

21. Wow! Congratulations!

22. Congrats, Amy! The book sounds wonderful and I look forward to getting it! Thanks for the sneak peek!!!

23. Linda Fleming says:

Well done! Your designs are fantastic. Look forward to seeing your book.

24. Amy, how wonderful! Congratulations! It looks lovely. I can’t wait to see more x

25. Fantastic! Congratulations! I can’t wait to see it!

26. So awesome, Amy!!! Such happy news! I can’t wait to see the book when it comes out. I enjoy fussy cutting and look forward to learning more. Not to mention I want to try the paper pieced blocks. Congratulations!!!

27. Huge Congrats Amy!!! This is so exciting!! I love those blocks, so adorable!! Can’t wait to see more 😉

28. Congratulations, Amy! I can’t wait to get my hands on that beautiful book!

29. Congratulations dear Amy, I can’t wait until I place my hands on it!
    Myrto

30. Congratulations Amy! I am determined to learn the art of paper piecing now. I love those designs you previewed for us & how cool you photographed the pieces for this book! So I have until spring, huh? So happy for you 🙂

31. I am thrilled for you, Amy. I have no doubt that your book will become a part of my quilting/sewing library! I adore the paper piecing designs and frequently fussy cut when creating blocks. Can’t wait to see what else you have in store!

32. Congratulations, that is so awesome, beautiful cover!

33. Mona Keegan says:

Dear Amy,
    Feel as if I might be your aunt, if I was lucky! Been following you for years now. Love your work and your attitude. Have pre-ordered my copy from Amazon. Many congratulations and much love, mona

34. Allyson Cleveland says:

I can’t wait for this book to be released! So many cute patterns…..Is there any chance that the mens shirt and tie block is available now? I LOVE it!

35. Congratulations! I’m so thrilled to see this book being released as I’m a huge fan of fussy cutting. Can’t wait to see it in all it’s glory. Congratulations!

36. Wow!!! Congratulations Amy!!! Having been the recipient of some of your perfect piecing, I am sure the book is fabulous! So excited for you!!!

37. Love these! I added the book to my wishlist on Amazon.com. I would say that I am not the greatest at fussy cutting, but I am trying to improve. And I love paper piecing. Congratulations on the book!

38. Congrats, Amy! I was wondering when you will publish a book, because I was just sure that it should happen! And a huge WOW for taking photos for your book! I’m sure that they all are wonderful. I just literally can’t wait to see more of the content if your book:)

39. GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously. I am PUMPED. You deserve it, girl!!