The deadline to sign up for Potholder Pass Round 3 will be this Thursday, April 29th. I will begin sending out assignments on Friday and finishing up on Saturday if I can’t get it all done in one day. If you haven’t joined before, now is your chance! This is the last round until at least September. Pretty soon I will have information about the Pincushion Pass which will be held over the summer for a change of pace. Some early birds have already signed up but you are by no means too late. Once I get the assignments out for the Potholder Pass 3, I will have the Pincushion Pass button and signups notice out!
Back to the Potholder Pass,
The rules will be the same as last time:
1. Potholders should be a minimum of 6″, preferably 7-8″.
2. Please use insulated batting in the potholder-at least one layer, preferably two.
3. Try to accommodate your recipient’s color requests and their taste.
4. Send a set of 2 potholders. They can be identical or coordinating.
I will also add:
5. You must adhere to the deadline for the swap. (the deadline for this round is the last day in May)
6. You must join the Flickr group and respond to group posts, etc. because good communication makes the swap work so much better.
7. Please mind your manners and promptly thank your partner when you receive your potholders.
To join, you must send me an email message with the following information:
Blog Address (not required to join swap)
Flickr Account name (A Flickr account is required for Round 3)
Will you ship internationally? Yes or no.
Do me a favor and include all of this information in one single email so that I can cut and paste it onto my list. Please don’t make me hunt you down because it takes too much time!
It will be a secret swap which means that you will not know who is sewing for you. Participants can post mosaics of potholders that they like on Flickr for inspiration but it is not necessary. Sending along extras with your potholders is of course permissible but also not required. This is intended to be a fun for all, stressfree swap!
Grab the button in my sidebar for your blog and join the Flickr group where you will post pictures of the potholders that you create.
Come join the fun! So far, we have a group of about 60 participants this time around.