Spray Basting

Amy Friendbasting12 Comments

Thank you for all the nice compliments on my Courthouse Steps quilt top. I pieced together a backing using Kona mustard and an Echo print. I spent an evening pin basting ever so carefully. Then when I started to quilt, the top started shifting terribly even though the pins were fairly closely spaced. I had to unpick 3 rows of quilting stitches and remove all the pins. Then I decided to try spray basting. It seems to be working. Thank goodness! I think that all the shifting was caused by the number of linens and crossweaves that I used in the top.
I consulted with Rita, the queen of straight line quilting, for quilting ideas. She had a great suggestion. I hope I can show you soon! Now that my basting issues appear to be resolved, it’s moving along pretty quickly.
I have also managed to identify all the fabrics I used with the exception of just two, thanks in part toTammy. I will share that list as well.