My friend, Laura, said that she’d love to see the Dress paper pieced block from my book, Intentional Piecing, made in Liberty. I decided that I wanted to see that too! I just finished it up this morning. I don’t have a large stash of Liberty–just a few fat sixteenths. If you cut carefully, a fat sixteenth is more than adequate for this block. Give it a try!
This is the original block from the book. The dress pattern was designed to show how effectively one could use a border print. I think it’s really special this way too. I love the way the flowers are dense at the hem and then scattered through the bodice. I used a really pretty Kokka double gauze and I see that it is still available at Sew Me A Song if you would like to make a similar block!
Unfortunately, even though all the patterns were checked again and again, we let a mistake slip by. I noticed that the order of 2 sections in this pattern were incorrect. Fortunately, it’s just a labeling problem and will only confuse the user but not prohibit them from sewing the pattern. The pattern pieces should be labeled as they are in the diagram below.